Thursday, November 13, 2008

Finally!!!

Ok, I know you're all wondering what we've been up to in the last few months... sorry I'm such a slacker. I'll let you know without boring you too much (hopefully).

Margie had a gymnastics class this summer which she loved till the last day when she used all the will in her three year old body to let me know she didn't want to go to class so that was the end of that. Swearing off any more activities for her till she was at least 12, I ended up signing her up for soccer this fall and then (silly me) volunteered to be her coach also. Well, she had fun at practices, and played about 3 minutes each game. Again that strong will she has overruled any and all coaxing or bribing to get her onto the field and to wear the uniform. I do have one picture of her with her team in her uniform hanging proudly on the fridge (I don't have a working scanner or I would post it). It's the only proof we have. She did have fun and so did I, but I have learned my lesson about signing up 3 year olds for any classes. When she asks me if she can do something my new reply is "when you're 12." She replies that she's almost 6 and getting bigger and bigger every day.
Jakey's developed quite a personality of his own. He is so much fun to be around and sometimes too much energy to keep up with. He is constantly on top of the kitchen table, getting his own water from the fridge(which ends up all over the floor of course), scooting a chair over to the counters to see what sort of mischief he can get into, bugging his sister or just genarally into and on everything he can get to on his own which is more and more every day. Just look at that smile, so angelic and yet so mischevious.
We just love that kid.
As a family, we've been on a few camping trips, trips to the zoo, and had fun playing in the backyard lately so here's a few photo's of the last few months.









7 comments:

Justin & Jennifer Olsen said...

Welcome, sweet Becca, back to the fold!

JakenDebbie said...

WE MISS YOU!! It was so great to see more of what you have been up to - thanks for the post! And I'm glad to know that I am not the only one with a stubborn Martin girl. Just wait till Margie really is six!! :) And yes, Jacob's little smile says it all about him. We miss those kids! We miss you and Dan!! I am so bummed that we don't get to see you for Christmas. But we love you! So much!

lexie said...

It is about time! I was almost going to kick you off the list! Good thing you updated when you did :) The pictures are all way cute of the kids!

Unknown said...

Those little bugs are so adorable!! Mom & Dad aren't too shabby either ;-) Margie is just the spitting image of you, I'm in awe every time I look at her pics! That little Jakey is gonna be a heartbreaker too...what a doll. I sure miss you guys and am hoping and praying that plans to meet up this summer come through. Oh, and congratulations on being an Auntie...AGAIN...twice in one week!!

Cothran Family said...

Becca boo! I love that you have pictures up! It makes me miss those cute kiddos terribly. I wish I was an Auntie that lived close or had a blink of an eye machine. Your Jakie sounds like our Marrick. I can definately relate. Tonight he climbed on the kitchen table and finished everyone's dinner. I love you. We need to talk soon.

The Hansen Family said...

HOOOOOOOORAY FOR POSTING!!!! We clicked on it today expecting to still see Bwah bwah black sheep, but we had a very happy suprise.
We are so excited to have you guys down here next week. We need to start talking turkey quick.......Dr. Pepper turkey.

Chuckleheads said...

Oh my gosh if your kids haven't grown even bigger in these past couple of months. Margie - such a sweet girl...I can't imagine her with any more will than you had at 3...do I hear a mommy pushover? :)

And Jake...WOW...what a cutie...he has a dennis the mennis smile, though...better watch out for that little one.