Wednesday, February 23, 2011

6 months old!

One of these things is not like the other... One of these things just isn't the same...

can you guess which one is not like the other,
can you guess before my song is done?


We've been noticing the uncanny resemblance between our children when they were babies. Can you guess who looks the most alike? I'll give you a hint... it's not the Turkey (unfortunately that's the only picture I could find of Jake in the playtoy like the ones with Margie and James. Although they do all have similarities. James has the same mouth as Jake and they all have big eyes, Jake's are just Blue. They all have pretty big cheeks also, but there are times when James pulls a face that looks exactly like his sister.
Here's a few more...


Sitting up big and tall at 6 months old!
Margie, James and Jake in that order.
James is the little girl with the curl...I know he's a boy, but when he is mad he's really really mad and when he's good he's fabulous! I can't believe it's been 6 months already! Let's address the sleeping issues... yes we have days when mom is at wits end and blogs about her crying sad baby who won't nap... we've been working on this for a while now. I am happy to say he has been napping somewhat regularly in the past few days. He loves to be awake all morning and then by the afternoon he naps on again off again for an hour at a time till bedtime... we're working on it though and he does love to sleep in his bed now so that is a major accomplishment. We even got rid of the swing so he couldn't sleep in it any more. (For a time that's all we could do to get him to sleep) James also is a screamer.. which means I have a hard time deciphering the hungry scream from the tired scream from the play with me scream... (I think I need a dog or something sometimes to be able to tell me which is which.) But we are getting into a better schedule now so I do know what to try first! When James is happy and fed and not tired though, he's such a fun baby. He loves attention and just adores his brother and sister. They usually get the biggest smiles from him and can get him laughing. He can now sit up on his own which he loves! He gets really excited to have a pile of toys to play with in front of him and will sit there for a good amount of time now on his own without needing to be held by anyone, in fact he prefers it. He is still very social though and if you leave the room where he is he'll start screaming for you till you come back and he can either see or hear you. I'm hoping that learning to crawl will fix that. He's definitely been the most challenging of my three babies, but we love him the same and I don't even remember what more than a few hours of sleep is anymore! So there's the latest on my sweet baby boy Happy 6 month Birthday James!

2 comments:

Chuckleheads said...

Happy birthday James! I'm glad he's sleeping better. And I'm glad you are finally numb to the lack of sleep. So...when's the next baby? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Cothran Family said...

I love the succession pictures of all the kids in the bouncy. So funny! Margie and James do look so much alike! What an adorable boy! Sorry he has given you so much trouble. I just have trouble with naked and running toddlers, so no advice on the sad baby. You are a good mama bex. Someone knew that only you could handle a crying baby. Just think of the stories you can tell his wife! And then he will get a son that screams too.