Saturday, July 5, 2008

Catch-up

Ok, so I am officially a slacker. Here's what's been going on....



I turned 30. May 26th memorial day. Since it was a holiday for everyone, we got together with some friends at the spraypark and did a barbeque in the afternoon. I had mixed feelings about turning 30, but now that it's happened I realize it's not that big of a deal.
Here's Margie and I enjoying a slice of watermelon at the park, a few minutes later I was attacked by the sprayer in the spraypark trying to help Jakey and spent the rest of the afternoon soaked. It was fun!

Later that week, one of our fabulous Oklahoma storms blew in and took a huge branch from the top of our tree in the backyard and blew it over our house (hitting the roof, $500 damage) and landed in our front walkway. Here's the photo's to prove it. I guess we're just lucky the whole tree didn't blow over on the house.

This is the view from the front door.

Margie also had a birthday. June 21, she turned three. We were at my sister's house for her actual birthday(more on that in the next post) but we got together with some friends for a little party and had a blast with face painting, dress-up, candy neclaces, and a princess cake.


6 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

Hooray for birthdays and falling trees! The new blog is totally cute by the way. I wish we could have partied with you all! We miss you guys. Give Margie a belated birthday lick kiss from us and have Dan give YOU one too!

Cothran Family said...

oh my gosh your'e 30! Becca, why did this not register in my brain! And that means I'm next! You're blog is super cute- you and em will have to teach me how. Margie looks so grown up in the cake picture. Don't let her grow too big without us. Love you guys!

Laurie said...

I am glad that we were able to celebrate with you both.

It really doesn't feel any different when you hit 30. I just think of it as another number.

Sorry about the tree. I have decided that I really don't like the weather here. But what can you do...right!

lexie said...

Good job slacker! Emma will be glad to see new pictures on your blog!! I didn't know about the tree. When did that happen?

Chuckleheads said...

THIRTY! That didn't register for me either. Holy cow. Cute cute birthday pictures. Hoorah Bex - Hoorah Margie!

JakenDebbie said...

I love Margie's cake...so cute!!! We miss celebrating birthdays with you!!! You will have to give Jake a pep talk about turning 30 -- it's coming the end of this month and he is very grumpy about it. :) Love your new background --very cute!!!