Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A fabulous trip and a sick fourth of July



We finally made it home from our trip with the kids feeling better and Dan feeling awful. Whatever it was he got it bad and spent all week sick with some sort of flu. You name it he had it. It was kind-of a miserable week for everyone. The kids were trying to recover from the trip, but things were not back to normal with Dad home and sick so they were cranky, I had the startings of a cold so on top of everything we had a sad week. The fourth was uneventful. We had some plans and cancelled them. Finally in the afternoon I couldn't stand it anymore so we packed up and went and got ice cream. I managed to get two pictures of the kids it their cute fourth attire but they were very cranky and didn't want their pictures taken so these are the best I got. I hope everyone else had a great fourth (most of your blogs say so). We are all better and everything is somewhat back to normal now, so you are all caught up on the Martins for the time being.

4 comments:

JakenDebbie said...

We missed you guys on the 4th -- so much!! But I'm glad you had such a great trip -- except for the sickness and rain, of course! I cannot believe how much bigger the kids look. Margie's hair is getting so long. And speaking of hair, that Jakey really has some red hair! Awesome!! Love you guys!

Chuckleheads said...

For being grumpy Jakey sure has a HUGE smile on that adorable little face.

Hope all of you are feeling better...Its been a couple of weeks so I'm guessing you are. :)

Anonymous said...

aw she looks exactly like you bex

~j. said...

Holy Moley. Becca. Does your daughter look like you much?

I found you through Brooke, and I'm so glad. Hope all is well!