Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Uh-Oh

We don't usually put presents under our tree till right before Christmas. Mostly it's because our kids have been too little to understand that they can't open them till Christmas Day and that's really hard to have them sitting there. So this year as we recieved packages from our family, I decided to let them be put under the tree, with the strict understanding that we don't open them yet. I thought we were doing pretty well until today..... Margie helped me wrap a few of Daddy's presents and I said she could put some of them under the tree. I had a few of hers that could go out also because I thought we were doing pretty well not opening them. Well, as I cleaned up the wrapping paper and Margie took the presents to put under the tree, she came back surprised I had cleaned up everything and asked "where's the tape, I was going to put it away". Of course my suspicion was immediately raised that something was wrong. I told her it was put away and followed her into the living room where I caught the last seconds of her stashing something behind the tree. This was what I found. Margie has this defense mechanism that when she gets in trouble, especially big trouble she has a total breadown. Clinging, crying, burying her head into me and depending on the severity of the trouble it can last a while. Well, I told her how disappointed I was in her and this present might be back under the tree on Christmas once it was fixed.... then I took a closer look at another present to her under the tree... and another... This is what I found.
If you can't tell, there's a rip there where it says "Merry" and it's been heavily re-taped.

This one I'm pretty sure didn't have huge long strips of tape up the back along the seam...


And the front definitely didn't have any rips or tape when we recieved it.
(Sorry Debbie, don't tell Anna she peeked,
I'm sure she'll still be excited when she gets to open it for real)

She won't fess up that she knows what any of them are, and since the breakdown, ignores me or leaves the room when I ask her about it. (I still don't know what they are either, they were taped back up!) We don't have any more presents under our tree currently. She only opened ones that were for her. Maybe I'll put everyone else's back except hers. I don't know. There's only 2 days left anyway. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!



7 comments:

JakenDebbie said...

I think she might take after her Dad on this one...I'm sure I've heard a story or two of Dan sneaking a peek at the presents early? Maybe? But I sure got a good laugh from this. And don't worry, I won't tell Anna. Silly silly Margie. :)

JakenDebbie said...

By the way, I am very impressed with Margie's re-taping skills. Nice work.

Cothran Family said...

This made me laugh so hard! Bex, I know you remember sneaking peeks under the large blanket into the pile in the garage, or into mom's attic door in her bedroom :) But that taping job, pretty dang good! Love you guys! Have a very merry Christmaas!

lexie said...

I can't believe her! What a little sneak!! At least she was nice enough to tape them back up for you! So funny!

Chuckleheads said...

That is hysterical. The taping job is really funny and I love that she refuses to talk to you about it. this is one of those "When she's 16" stories. :)

The Hansen Family said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
!!!!!! We laughed sooo hard!What a little stinker pot! :-)

Jenny said...

I think it was Dan that was peeking! or at least she got it from him.
How funny!