Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thanksgiving- finally

Margie had a Thanksgiving feast at her school, one class was the pilgrims and the other the Indians. It was a fun activity and her class looked so cute in their outfits. Her teacher is great with activities like this (she's the one dressed like a pilgrim in the middle). Here's our little indian girl in her fabulous outfit. For the real feast we went down to Dallas to Emma and Jake's house. It was a blast. Emma made a fabulous turkey (did I mention she's a vegetarian?)
And I made a pumpkin pie from scratch... no not even canned pumpkin, a real pumpkin baked and pureed to make this pie. It was really tasty. The kids needed lots of entertaining while the food was being prepared. I brought all our Thanksgiving books to read to the kids. To work off all the many plates of food, we spent the afternoon at the park. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time.






I know Thanksgiving was almost a month ago, but I thought I'd share these pics before the thousands of Christmas pics that are to come. Plus it was really fun!

3 comments:

Cothran Family said...

Cute bex. I LOVE to see you update your blog :) Very fun! Makes me miss your cute kiddos and you too. In the picture at margie's school she seriously looks like you! Love you guys! Happy thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

The Hansen Family said...

Cute Bex! We had so much fun with you guys! Margie's teacher is awesome. She's a cute little indian!

Chuckleheads said...

Love the Thanksgiving pictures. I can't believe how sunny it is....outside on a blanket?!