1. We put our house on the market. Here's our page listing if you're interested. It ended up happening on our 8 Year Anniversary May 3. Happy anniversary to us.. I guess.
2. Dan and I went to Denver, which is where we are moving, to check the place out. We think we found an area to live in, but still waiting for the house to sell before we do anything more. We'll call that the anniversary trip, even though we had James with us.
3. We took a fun trip to the Ouchita's in south-eastern Oklahoma.
Here's Dan and the kids on the trail
Margie and JakeIt was a beautiful, yet unseasonably cold day, so we went on a few short hikes and drove the Talamina drive. It was a lot of fun. This is where Dan went on his camping trip last month with his friend James. We stayed over in a Hotel - too cold to camp- and swam in the pool and had a wonderful time.
4. I bought a piano at a garage sale for $150 I was pretty excited and it needs a tune, but I'll wait till it has a permanent place in Denver to tune it. It doesn't sound too bad though, and Margie and I have semi-regular piano lessons. She doing pretty well so far.
5. We had a tornado hit just a few miles West of us which at one point was heading our way and then turned... thankfully. Just the day after the big Joplin, MO, Tornado. It's a very scary thing to watch. We were very blessed, and pray for those who weren't so lucky.
6. I turned 33. I made a super yummy lemon-strawberry cake and we had a little party. I have no pictures, how sad is that? oh well. I actually get the whole month of celebrations with our anniversary, Mothers Day, and my Birthday.. we just call it the month of Becca (Dan usually gets to participate in the anniversary part, but the rest is mine!)
7. We went to the Paseo arts festival Memorial day weekend and finally found a great painting of an Oklahoma storm building on the horizon so we can always remember how the sky looks when a storm is building.
That's just about it... we only had two showings in May, unfortunately, it's a bad time to sell a house, but we're hopeful it'll happen soon.