Monday, May 11, 2009

Tribute to a Red-headed Boy

Jakey's Birthday was on April 22. I have to give a tribute to a small red-headed boy who gets into everything but always gets out of being in too much trouble with his charming smile, personality and stubbornness. We love you Bubsy/cinnamon bear/stinker goose-boy!



Is that the sweetest baby you've ever seen!


1 Year Old Jakey with a smile to melt your heart!

CHEESE!

I love my little boy! (Yes he's a boy, with a big sister who has lots of dress-up stuff)

So on his actual birthday I took the kids out to ice cream. (Dan was out of town.) and Jakey thoroughly enjoyed his ice cream as you can see. He kept asking for more like a broken record and ended up heping mom and Margie finish ours also. This boy loves treats!

We also had a little party with some friends when Dad got home and I made an awesome spiderman cake.

Happy Birthday to Jakey!
I have to add this photo in the mix to show how stubborn he can be. We have been fighting naps since around 18 months (just like his sister) so usually we just put him to bed early or sometimes we just find him passed out on the floor which he did a few sundays ago. Note that if I had put him in his crib he would have cried for at least an hour or more and no nap would have taken place this day. It's usually on his terms as you can see.

Happy birthday Jacob. We love you so much.
I hope the terrible two's don't make us all crazy!

9 comments:

Johnston Journal said...

Happy Birthday Jakey! You are such a cute boy!

lexie said...

Happy bday! Wish we could have been there for the party! Love him sleeping on the floor. Good thing we got him that blanket!!

The Hansen Family said...

We love you little Jakey!

The Days of your Life said...

He looks so big from the last time we saw him!!!! Go redheaded stubborness! Yeah Jake - give it to your mom! I did!!!Love, Auntie Jenna (your real mom)

Cothran Family said...

He is sooo sweet. Love you so much Jakey! You are such a cute boy! Come play with us soon!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe what a handsome little man he's grown into! That nap picture is priceless. Also, the fiestiness is not hair color specific...believe me when I tell you! Miss your guts! Love you all! xoxo

Cook Creations said...

We love that boy too!! He does cute things all the time that make me smile! Nathan has been talking about the party since then and now he wants a spiderman party and Jakey's cake--which was amazing. You rock!

JakenDebbie said...

I love this kid! He is so awesome! GREAT cake, Becca! And we can totally relate to having a big sister...necklaces, nail polish, and everything else. :)

Melissa Bosen said...

I am loving the picture of Jakey sleeping on the kitchen floor--face down too! That's so great! Preston decided he didn't need naps around that age too. Some kiddos just don't need as much sleep I guess...though some days it's obvious they do!